Friday, February 13, 2004

MY WEB PAGE IS UP AND RUNNING
You can check it out at www.nathan-smith.com. At this point, it's still pretty primitive. The color scheme for the articles looks bad, much worse than this page. I'll work on it. But I've got about fifteen articles up there, mostly stuff I wrote for The Citizen. Some of my favorites are:

"Philosophy and Fundamentalism." One of my most thoughtful pieces, which examines why fundamentalism still exists in our world and why it may not be as foolish as we like to think.

"Robin Hood Imperialism" is written back in October 2002; if you want to know why I support the war, this is a pretty good place to look.

"The American Political Philosophy" is my concise and cogent responese to the elections of 2002: the argument is that Republicans "have their grip on the American political philosophy."

"The Next Welfare Reform" is my word on what to do about Social Security.

"Is Chomsky's Sophistry Useful?" An incisive little piece from my first issue of The Citizen; a fierce response to a speech by Noam Chomsky that I saw at Harvard.

Two articles on vouchers. "What Vouchers Could Do for America," never before published! is an imaginative piece, which purports to be a magazine feature story written in 2025 about the voucher revoluion in education, long after it has taken place. If someone reads it, I'd love to hear your opinion. The other article, "Why Religious Neutrality in Education Requires Vouchers," just states the (what should be) obvious in the wake of the Cleveland decision.

There is a link to the home page from the articles, by the way. Because of the incompetent way I've done the color scheme, however, it can't be seen. Apologies. I will try to come back and improve this page some time soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home