Friday, January 09, 2004

UNDER CONSTRUCTION:
I bought some books of HTML over the break and am planning to overhaul this site so that the format is more suitable for doing what I want-- a mixture of a running blog with links to longer essays. Hopefully before the end of the month I'll start up again. I've got to say one thing though: THREE CHEERS FOR BUSH'S IMMIGRATION PROPOSAL. I'm thrilled! Never since 1865 have the Republicans so fully been the party of Lincoln, the party of emancipation; first in Afghanistan and Iraq, now for those people who are part of this country and yet had to live in fear of the police. This could be a major triumph for civil rights, even more than the amnesty of 1986 which was only a temporary fix. If it becomes law, Bush has my vote, and let me submit to you that maybe he should get yours too. Anyway, I'll post a link when I'm blogging again. Any readers who stray by the site in the meantime, drop me an e-mail so I can let you know when to come back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home